|Coating||Coated by wax, silicon.|
|Color||White, White/Green, White/Blue, White/Black.|
|USP Range||2/0 - 7|
|Sterilization||EO (Ethylene Oxide)|
|Shelf Life||5 years|
|Packaging||In food-grade folder packed in a medical-grade pouch,|
with or without needle
|Needle Type||Round bodied, cutting edge, taper point, taper cutting, blunt point|
|MFG. LIC No||KTK/28/415/2013|
|OEM. LIC No||N. Code: KR/DRUGS/KTK/28/415/2013|
UNISTRONG - Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Suture (UHMWPE)
UNISTRONG – Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Suture (UHMWPE) is a non-absorbable, braided, sterile, surgical suture. This suture has constructed of a multi-strand, long-chain ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene and subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene.
- It is 15 times stronger than steel on a weighted basis, high flex strength, more abrasion resistance when compared to polyester.
- They are extremely strong, flexible, and soft.
- They are highly inert against chemicals except for that of oxidizing acids.
- It minimizes tissue inflammation and irritation in the application.
- Due to its superior strength, soft feel, and abrasion resistance that is unequaled in orthopedic surgery.
Indications of UHMWPE Polyethylene Suture:
UHMWPE sutures are better indicated for heavy-duty orthopedic applications used in allograft tissues of orthopedic surgeries. It is also used in ligation or approximation of soft tissue and cardiovascular surgeries.
- Strong, durable, and flexible.
- Excellent tensile strength, excellent knot tying, minimum tissue reaction and, more abrasion
- resistant when compared to polyester.
- UHMWPE sutures can withstand the enormous stresses put on the material during arthroscopic
- procedures by knot-pushing devices.
- It has very low moisture absorption and an extremely low coefficient of friction.