Polyamide Suture is a nylon surgical suture is a nonabsorbable suture, sterile surgical monofilament suture composed of the long-chain aliphatic polymers Nylon 6 and Nylon 6,6. UNILON Monofilament Polyamide Sutures are dyed black or green to enhance visibility in tissue.
Monofilament Polyamide suture is a non-absorbable, sterile, monofilament surgical suture that is made of a long chain aliphatic polymer, also known as nylon 6 or nylon 6.6.
- Polyamide suture is stained in indigo or black to increase its visibility in the tissue. Polyamide is also available in colorless. It meets all the requirements for non-absorbable sutures of the American and European Pharmacopoeia.
- In general, Polyamide suture is used to cover and join soft tissues in cardiovascular, ophthalmological or neurological surgical applications.
- Polyamide sutures are manufactured with or without a stainless steel needle, ranging between USP 10/0 – USP 2, and lengths between 10cm and 150cm.
- Thanks to its good sliding through the tissues and its high tensile strength, it is especially suitable for microsurgery where the points must be very delicate.
- Available Sizes – 2 to 6-0